Getting Started with Developmental Designs Practices
One Day Professional Development
Learn the basic principles upon which the approach is built and explore several key practices for integrating social and emotional learning with academics.
Don’t see the date you’re looking for?
This workshop can be scheduled on-site.
Request Information »
Developmental Designs practices are based on the philosophy that the most engaging classrooms are student centered, equitable and relational. The one-day Getting Started with Developmental Designs Practices is an introduction to the core principles and practices that guide the Developmental Designs approach. During the workshop staff will learn several practices including:
- The Circle of Power and Respect used to build relationships and social skills
- Effective and student-friendly signals for attention
- Modeling; specific ways to set any classroom or learning routine
- The Pathways to Self-Control; equitable and personalized responses to student misbehavior
- The Loop; a reflection tool used for self direction
Call: 612.822.3422 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or to schedule for your school.
Note: The Origins Program reserves the right to cancel workshops and is not liable for any travel-related or other expenses incurred by a registrant or payee due to a canceled workshop.
The Developmental Designs approach to delivering workshops is as unique as the approach itself. During the workshop you will:
- Experience the workshop as both teacher and student. Presenters both give detailed descriptions and model every Developmental best practice.
- Develop a friendly and trusting community with your fellow participants.
- Consider solutions to your most challenging behavior problems through discussion, role play and readings.
- Share your personal stories and expertise as both teacher and learner
Most workshops begin at 8:30 a.m. and end at 3:30 p.m.
Lunch arrangements for on-site workshops will be subject to the school agreement.
Certificate of attendance
You will receive a 7-hour certificate of attendance for participation in the entire workshop.
After you register, you will receive a confirmation email with more detailed information and the schedule for the workshop.
Learning with my colleagues was tremendous. We had time to share ideas and build relationships. ~Getting Started participant
We didn’t simply listen to a lecture, but tried out the practices. These approaches resonate with my experience in the classroom. They seem practical, achievable, and useful. ~Getting Started participant
The training was very engaging and interactive all day. I never was bored or tired. I was not lectured to but was up and moving. ~Getting Started participant