To organize information and
Students create or use teacher-created graphic
organizers to organize information.
The teacher may
- Use a decision-making grid to list criteria to decide which character in
our book would make a good friend.
- Use a Y chart to list how life in a desert would look, sound, and feel.
- Use the 5 W’s Chart to take notes on a newspaper article on global
- Graphically organize the information just presented on the water
- Students fill one out on their own, then trade with another to see what
information s/he can add.
- Students create their own graphic organizers.
Paper, writing tool, graphic organizers for students not making
minutes or more