Bridging Cultural Gaps Two Day
If we are not intentionally bridging cultural gaps in our school, who is? Bridge differences. Reduce bias. Help our students connect to school. Learn to lead a year’s worth of advisory conversations about the most important cultural challenges of our day. Two Day professional development For educators grades 4-12
Don’t see the date you’re looking for?
This workshop can be scheduled on-site.
Request Information »
If we are not intentionally bridging cultural gaps in our school, who is? Bridge differences. Reduce bias. Help students connect to school. Learn to lead a year’s worth of advisory conversations about the most important cultural challenges of our day. The Bridging Cultural Gaps: Face to Face Advisories workshop provides the tools you need to guide conversations about culture: sometimes painful, sometimes playful ̶ above all, honest. Examine social and psychological dynamics that tend to push us apart and identify changes that can pull us together. Practice using the 125+ advisory meetings, with daily messages, greetings, share topics, robust and varied activities, and reflection questions, to prompt development of social skills, critical thinking, and open discussion. Learn to lead advisories that help students think critically and with feeling as they
- Develop appreciation for cultural diversity
- Cultivate connections across differences
- Examine the price we pay for intolerance
- Realize that each of us can be a change agent
- Take action for equity
Call: 612.822.3422 or Email: email@example.com with questions or to schedule for your school. Note: The Origins Program reserves the right to cancel workshops and is not liable for any travel-related or other expenses incurred by a registrant or payee due to a canceled workshop.
The Developmental Designs approach to delivering workshops is as unique as the approach itself. During the workshop you will:
- Experience the workshop as both teacher and student. Presenters both give detailed descriptions and model every Advisory and Building Community All Day Long Developmental Designs best practices.
- Develop a friendly and trusting community with your fellow participants.
- Consider avenues to create trusting and equitable communities through discussion, role play and readings.
- Share your personal stories and expertise as both teacher and learner.
Workshop schedule Most workshops begin at 8:30 a.m. and end at 3:30 p.m. Certificate of attendance You will receive a 14-hour certificate of attendance for participation in the entire workshop. Confirmation After you register, you will receive a confirmation email with more detailed information and the schedule for the workshop.
Framework was very helpful. ~Bridging Cultural Gaps trained educator
Endorsed by Learning for Justice