Fundamentals for Support Staff
One Day Professional Development
Support your students with consistent language and behavior strategies throughout the building. Give paraprofessionals, aides, and the rest of your support staff the tools to interact with adolescents respectfully and effectively.
Don’t see the date you’re looking for?
This workshop can be scheduled on-site.
Request Information »
Support EVERY staff member in you school or district in utilizing Developmental Designs Practices. The Developmental Designs approach is a school-wide approach; this necessitates the need for all members of the staff to be grounded in the philosophy and strategies used with students. The Fundamentals of Support staff workshop is intended to give staff the important practices pertinent to their areas of expertise so they can interact with students equitably and effectively.
During the workshop staff will learn:
- The needs that drive behaviors and several ways to meet those needs equitably.
- Implications for child development in adult-student interactions.
- Verbal and non-verbal redirection strategies that teach self-control and are both warm AND demanding.
- Five steps to creating effective routines in every part of the school-the hallways, lunchroom, gym, etc.
Call 612.822.3422 or email School Services with questions or to schedule for your school.
Note: The Origins Program reserves the right to cancel workshops and is not liable for any travel-related or other expenses incurred by a registrant or payee due to a canceled workshop.
The Developmental Designs approach to delivering workshops is as unique as the approach itself. During the workshop you will:
- Experience the workshop as both teacher and student. Presenters both give detailed descriptions and model every Developmental best practice.
- Develop a friendly and trusting community with your fellow participants.
- Consider solutions to your most challenging behavior problems through discussion, role play and readings.
- Share your personal stories and expertise as both teacher and learner
Most workshops begin at 8:30 a.m. and end at 3:30 p.m.
Lunch arrangements for on-site workshops will be subject to the school agreement.
Certificate of attendance
You will receive a 7-hour certificate of attendance for participation in the entire workshop.
After you register, you will receive a confirmation email with more detailed information and the schedule for the workshop.
I am walking away with practical techniques to use in the classroom starting TODAY!! I feel like this was the missing piece that I was waiting for to make my classroom community stronger. Thank you! ~Fundamentals for Support Staff participant
Clear, specific examples and time for practice and reflection. ~Fundamentals for Support Staff participant
This training models the teaching practices for us while we are learning the techniques. ~Fundamentals for Support Staff participant