Community Level 1 – Acquainted
Materials: Large outdoor space marked with game boundaries
How to Play:
- Define a clear boundary for play.
- Assign two plumbers (taggers) or more depending on the size of the group.
- When someone is tagged, she stands still and raises one of her arms in the air.
- To unfreeze players, a free player must “flush” his arms. The
frozen player then says, “Whoosh,” and twirls around once before he is
- Players continue to move within the boundary releasing frozen players or standing waiting to be “flushed” to reenter the game.
Plan for Success:
Review safe tagging (shoulders, back, arms) and the Tagger’s Choice
rule (if the tagger says he got you, he did). Model and practice safe
movement (walk or run) within the boundaries. Establish a way for the
tagger’s to get a break. This game is a continuous tag game!