Developmental Designs for Early Childhood Education
6.5 hour Professional Development Strategies for reducing bias and strengthening equity in your Early Childhood Centers
We want to partner with your Early Childhood Center to both affirm your staff embodied knowledge, skills and abilities while boosting their knowledge, skills, and abilities to strengthen connections with your staff and the 0–3-year infants to school ready toddlers. Our professional development is flexible, cost effective and takes your learners deeper into why early connections matter – they last a lifetime!
Price: $6,500 for up to 25 staff
Don’t see the date you’re looking for?
This workshop can be scheduled on-site.
Request Information »
Our workshop is designed to support and improve the capacities of early childhood professionals as a system and community. For instance, caregivers, parent educators, center directors, state directors, paraprofessionals, social workers, counselors, and special education teachers from your Early Childhood Center can all attend the training at the same time, together.
- Cultural Humility Practice. Filter shift to see the infant, toddler, parents with openness and curiosity.
- Equity Practice. Moving from sameness to supporting the individual child in positive identity development and wellbeing.
- Being both Warm and Demanding Practice. Incremental growth and redirects and discipline are done with dignity, empathy and compassion.
- Inclusive Practice. Examining routines to meet the temperament and needs of our neurodiverse students.
Call: 612.822.3422 or Email: email@example.com with questions or to schedule for your school.
Note: The Origins Program reserves the right to cancel workshops and is not liable for any travel-related or other expenses incurred by a registrant or payee due to a canceled workshop.
The Developmental Designs approach to delivering workshops is as unique as the approach itself.
During the workshop you will:
- Presenters both give detailed descriptions and model every Developmental best practice.
- Develop a friendly and trusting community with your fellow participants.
- Consider solutions to your most challenging behavior problems through discussion, role play and readings.
- Share your personal stories and expertise as both teacher and learner.
Most workshops begin at 8:30 a.m. and end at 3:30 p.m.
Lunch arrangements for on-site workshops will be subject to the school agreement.
Certificate of attendance
You will receive a 6.5-hour certificate of attendance for participation in the entire workshop.
After you register, you will receive a confirmation email with more detailed information and the schedule for the workshop.
Transformed my practice. ~Developmental Designs for Early Childhood trained educator
Kids are reflective and reflective process without shaming and blaming was the biggest take – away. ~Developmental Designs for Early Childhood trained educator
High quality developmentally appropriate practices. ~Developmental Designs for Early Childhood trained educator
I was reminded that my (our) work is about care and cognition, left with many ideas to support cognition with care. ~Developmental Designs for Early Childhood trained educator