Trauma Sensitive Schools 2 Day
Two Day Professional Development
The importance of trauma-informed/sensitive schools is apparent with the increased research on the effects of adverse childhood experiences (ACEs). These traumatic experiences may have lasting negative effects on a child’s health and well-being. Educators can be an integral part of the healing process by consistently engaging students with empathy and compassion. Learn how to evolve from “What’s wrong?” to discover “What happened?”.
Don’t see the date you’re looking for?
This workshop can be scheduled on-site.
Request Information »
One Day Professional Development
- Understand the neurobiology of trauma
- Identify educator’s role in the healing process
- Learn constructive research-based strategies in dealing with trauma
- Model practical application of strategies with other educators
- Defining trauma and understanding of types of childhood traumatic experiences
- Understanding and recognizing the signs and impact of historical trauma during early childhood through 12th grade
- ACEs (Adverse Childhood Experiences Study) research Review neurobiology of PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome)
Healing to Build Resiliency: Classroom Practices of Attunement
- The transition from compliance-based to connections-based teaching and learning
- Predictability tools to leveraging learning
- Creating a community to build empathy and serve with compassion
Thank you for being an advocate for all children!
Call: 612.822.3422 or Email: email@example.com with questions or to schedule for your school.
Note: The Origins Program reserves the right to cancel workshops and is not liable for any travel-related or other expenses incurred by a registrant or payee due to a canceled workshop.
All of The Origins Program workshops are highly interactive, providing many opportunities for you to talk with other educators and ask your most compelling questions to workshop facilitators.
2 Day professional development/14 hours.
Most workshops begin at 8:30 a.m. and end at 3:30 p.m.
The start and end time for on-site workshops may be altered to better the school schedule. Lunch arrangements for on-site workshops will be subject to the school agreement.
Certificate of Attendance
You will receive a 14-hour certificate of attendance for participation in the entire workshop via email after the workshop.
We learned to keep kids with trauma in the forefront of our minds as we plan our lessons, activities, etc. ~Trauma Sensitive Schools trained educator
One of the top triggers is humiliation. ~Trauma Sensitive Schools trained educator
We learned how to better educate our teachers, that they may begin to view manifested behaviors in their class differently. ~Trauma Sensitive Schools trained administrator